Thursday, October 7, 2010

Supernatural

And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! Revelation 18:2

For a long time I have written about the dangers of spiritualism. It is part of the last great deceit with which Satan will captivate the world. Everyday this prophecy is being fulfilled. In His latest newsletter, Pastor Doug Batchelor writes:
An Amazing Fact: Deeply grieved by the premature deaths of her husband and daughter, Sarah Winchester, heiress of the famous rifle company, reportedly consulted a spiritualist—who explained that Sarah could only find peace through a never-ending process of construction. So in 1884 Sarah purchased a modest farmhouse in San Jose, Calif., and began a nonstop building project. She kept more than 40 staff busy 24/7 … for 38 years! She had no master plan.
Carpenters claimed that Sarah would go to a secret séance room to receive messages from spirits telling her what to build next. These instructions resulted in many convoluted creations, such as doors that open to walls, stairs that go nowhere, and a cupboard with only a half-inch of shelf space. The rambling mansion, now a tourist attraction, has 160 rooms, 950 doors, and 10,000 windows. It also boasts 40 stairways, 47 fireplaces, and 13 bathrooms.
It’s sad to read about how Mrs. Winchester wasted her life and fortune vainly looking for peace—never knowing she was being enslaved by demons. In fact, an obsession with the occult is still blinding millions today, turning them from the only real source of serenity: Jesus Christ.
The Bible warns that in the last days, “some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils” (1 Timothy 4:1). Well, the last days are here!
The followers of Wicca, Spiritualism, and other pagan religions have increased in number by more than 300 percent in the United States since 2001. And now An online battle is now raging for the hearts and minds of millions of searching souls!
Delivered From Devils
Multitudes of people are prime examples of the devastation that this spiritual blindness can cause. But Christy’s story is an example of God’s grace transforming a life. To get you up to speed, when Christy was 10, her mom wasn’t able to raise her anymore, so Christy was taken in by her aunt and uncle.
She writes,
“My uncle believed in ghosts and taught us about the Ouija board and spirits. … I had nightmares every night of my life.”
Without a moral compass, Christy’s life began to drift. She had a failed marriage early on and had a baby out of wedlock when she was just 20. With no means of support, she reluctantly gave up her five-month child for adoption. Feeling heartbroken and guilty, she was desperately searching for meaning.
“I got into witchcraft and weird dark things. … I believed in reincarnation and Mother Nature. I knew deep down that I was being rebellious and not listening to God.
“I began attending a local church on Sundays. But after two weeks … I realized that I wasn’t getting enough. … I was yearning for so much more. I decided that I would take a Bible study [course] to learn as much as I could. I did a search for online Bible studies and, of course, there were lots of websites that popped up. But the Holy Spirit led me to one website specifically—and that was Amazing Facts.
“All the facts in the course were drawing me closer to God. I could feel the truth pouring into my mind and heart. I was hooked [from] the very first one … like a kid in the candy store. I wanted more.
“Since my conversion from darkness into light, my life has become so much clearer, happier, and fuller.”
Christy is both an encouraging example and a sober warning. Like a deadly boa constrictor, Spiritualism is ever tightening its grip on our society.
We have the sure word, the Bible, which must be the cornerstone of our faith in these final days. We must prepare ourselves and prepare others by learning the eternal truths found in the Bible.


THE LORD IS COMING, SOON, AMEN, YES, COME LORD JESUS!


* AmazigngFacts.org
* TheTruthAboutDeath.com

No comments:

Post a Comment